- 9day fortnight - That's an extra 22days off per year!
- Employee Assistance Program | Fitness Passport Program
- Contract until June 2023
Based in the heart of Logan, we are surrounded by community spirit, culture, heritage and diversity. We encourage our community to be motivators, makers, and innovators. Our environmental and business values run deep. Our residents come from all walks of life and so do we.
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our organisation stronger.
You are organised, enthusiastic and pride yourself in mentoring and developing others. Managing compliance is a passion which shines in the way you communicate and build professional relationships with internal and external customers. Demonstrating your genuine care for the team culture through effective communication, support and guidance.
About the role:
The Senior Compliance Advisor is a fixed term position until June 2023. The role is located within the Corporate Governance Branch, who provides high quality advice, best practice governance support with transparent decision making. As a Senior Compliance Advisor, you will be required to mentor staff within the team and exercise a high degree of autonomy and decision making within organisational foals and constraints. A key priority will be to implement and embed a compliance obligations register and align compliance practices throughout Council.
This position requires you to have strong interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills, educating and providing awareness of the Compliance Framework, facilitating workshops to identify and document compliance obligations.
Qualifications and experience
- Formal tertiary qualification ideally in governance, risk and/ or compliance
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of current compliance principles and practices
- Advanced skills in investigative compliance actions, evidence gathering, performing root cause analysis, assessment of complex legislative non-compliance and demonstrated knowledge of compliance activities.
For more detailed information on the requirements of the role, please refer to the position description, by clicking HERE.
- 9day fortnight - That's an extra 22 days off per year!
- $109k/year + superannuation
- Salary Packaging options
- On-site coffee shop
- Free on-site parking
- Supporting and motivated team
- Fitness Passport Program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Active Social Club
If you'd like some more information about the role, pop our hiring manager, Jason Furze (Governance, Risk and Compliance Program Leader) an email on JasonFurze@logan.qld.gov.au
To express your interest in this role, please forward your Resume and a Cover Letter outlining your relevant skills and experience in support of your application by the closing date of Thursday, 7th July 2022.
Applications may be used to appoint to similar vacancies for a specified period up to 12 months after the closing date of the initial vacancy.
Thank you for considering joining the City of Logan. We cannot wait to learn more about you!
If you want to learn more about us: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Logan City Council Careers